1. Bust that dust 2. Go green when you clean 3. Renovate right 4. Get drastic with plastic 5. Dish safer fish 6. Reduce radon
Quick Tips on Lead
1. Use glass baby bottles instead of plastic. If plastic is preferred, choose # 5 PP for baby bottles and sippy cups. Do not heat milk/formula in a plastic bottle.
2. Discard plastic toys labelled # 3 PV or V. Use a safer plastic.
Soft and inflatable vinyl toys – replace with toys made with safer materials.
3. Store food in glass, stainless steel or lead-free ceramic rather than plastic.
4. Cold foods can be served in glass, stainless steel or lead-free ceramic. The same applies to hot foods.
5. Use glass containers for cooking in the microwave.
Top Personal Care Tips
1. Clean up your beauty routine.
2. Go fragrance free
3. Look for certification
4. Make your own
CHEP is a partnership of Manitoba-based organizations dedicated to communicating how the environment affects children’s health particularly in Manitoba.
CHEP provides information on its website for educational purposes and to assure easy public access to health information. Official information (such as laws and regulations) should be obtained from the legally designated source (such as Health Canada). Information applicable to an individual medical condition or health-related problem should be discussed with your health care professional.